The Parental Covenant is the cornerstone to Holy Family Catholic School; it is each family’s promise to fulfill certain obligations to the HFCS by sharing of their time and talent through ministry. HFCS requires families to fulfill 30 hours of work by sharing their time and talent in any and all of our major Development fundraisers: SUCCESS Annual Campaign, SCRIP, and the Annual Gala Auction. In addition, we have service opportunities for room parents, event coordinators, teacher’s helpers, recess duty, lunchroom helpers, Hawktoberfest volunteers, and much more!
All HFCS parents and grandparents who volunteer in our various ministries must complete the mandatory Diocese of Boise’s SAFE Environment training and pass a background check; each parent is also responsible for renewing their SAFE Environment certification online annually. For more information on SAFE Environment click here.
- Clerical support: Provide support for our callers. Sign up here
- Donate food: Donate items to feed our callers and clerical support staff. Sign up here: Be sure to attach tabs from the flyer sent home in your Family Packet when sending in food donations and we will credit your volunteer hours accordingly.
- Purchase food and beverage SCRIP gift cards: These will be used for prizes and thank yous. Gift cards do not require signups – limit two per family, please. Purchase your SCRIP gift cards in the office, turn them in with the tabs from today’s Family Packet attached, and we will credit your SCRIP account and volunteer hours accordingly!
Enjoy a cup of coffee and a donut and earn toward your volunteer hours for 2019-20 by selling SCRIP after Masses at Pope St. Pius X. Contact Lee at email@example.com for details, with questions, or to volunteer.
Our cafeteria crew is in need of volunteers to help serve lunch, carry trays, and clean up from lunch time. We need help from 11 am until 12:30 pm. If you can help, please sign up on the Family Communication Form and one of our lunchroom staff will contact you to schedule. Thank you for being willing to serve!
We are always looking for families to volunteer for recess duty. You will receive one hour for each recess you volunteer for. Remember that Safe Environment is required by the Diocese of Boise for all volunteers working with or near children. Please check in at the office to sign in and pick up an orange recess duty vest. Thank you for your help!
Our recess schedule:
- 10-10:15 am: Preschool – 1st grade
- 10:15-10:30 am: 2nd – 4th grade
- 11:45 am-12:05 pm: PreK-4th grade
- 12:05-12:25 pm: 5th-8th grade
- 2-2:15 pm: PreK-1st grade