The Parental Covenant is the cornerstone to Holy Family Catholic School; it is each family’s promise to fulfill certain obligations to the HFCS by sharing of their time and talent through ministry. HFCS requires families to fulfill 30 hours of work by sharing their time and talent in any and all of our major Development fundraisers: SUCCESS Annual Campaign, SCRIP, and the Annual Gala Auction. In addition, we have service opportunities for room parents, event coordinators, teacher’s helpers, recess duty, lunchroom helpers, Hawktoberfest volunteers, and much more!
All HFCS parents and grandparents who volunteer in our various ministries must complete the mandatory Diocese of Boise’s SAFE Environment training and pass a background check; each parent is also responsible for renewing their SAFE Environment certification online annually. For more information on SAFE Environment click here.
PHONATHON VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! WANT DOUBLE HOURS? TRAINING REQUIRED!
Your opportunity to earn double fundraising hours as a SUCCESS caller is just around the corner!
- ALL callers, must attend a mandatory one-time training scheduled for Monday, September 23rd, at 8 am in the commons. Please RSVP on the Family Communication Form. Training is expected to last 30-40 minutes. Not sure calling is for you? Come join us and find out!
- Have you already gone through training and want to get on the schedule? Sign-up sheets to be a caller are available here.
- Questions? Contact Lindsay Patterson at (208)651-4245 or Lmppat4@gmail.com.
PHONATHON SUPPORT TEAM: Want to get 15-17 volunteer hours done and out of the way? We have just the job for you. Working the Phonathon is fun, exciting and provides you a wonderful opportunity to connect with other HFCS families. We are looking for one person to head clerical support for this year’s Phonathon.
- Organizing calling cards
- Lead clerical volunteers in filing cards and writing thank you notes
- Help with nightly set up and clean up
- Contact Lindsay Patterson (Phonathon chair) at email@example.com or Lee Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Enjoy a cup of coffee and a donut and earn toward your volunteer hours for 2019-20 by selling SCRIP after Masses at Pope St. Pius X. Contact Lee at email@example.com for details, with questions, or to volunteer.
Our cafeteria crew is in need of volunteers to help serve lunch, carry trays, and clean up from lunch time. We need help from 11 am until 12:30 pm. If you can help, please sign up on the Family Communication Form and one of our lunchroom staff will contact you to schedule. Thank you for being willing to serve!
We are always looking for families to volunteer for recess duty. You will receive one hour for each recess you volunteer for. Remember that Safe Environment is required by the Diocese of Boise for all volunteers working with or near children. Please check in at the office to sign in and pick up an orange recess duty vest. Thank you for your help!
Our recess schedule:
- 10-10:15 am: Preschool – 1st grade
- 10:15-10:30 am: 2nd – 4th grade
- 11:45 am-12:05 pm: PreK-4th grade
- 12:05-12:25 pm: 5th-8th grade
- 2-2:15 pm: PreK-1st grade