26th Annual Gala Auction
On May 6th, 2022, we will host one of Holy Family’s biggest fundraisers of the year, our 26th Annual Gala Auction! With a goal of $160,000, we’ve got a lot of work ahead of us and we can’t do it without you.
As a reminder, each family is required to procure at least $120 worth (FMV) of items, services, or cash donations no later than March 2nd, 2022. Check out these ideas for donations that are typically popular. Below are a few simple guidelines to help you through the process:
- START NOW – procrastination never helps anyone!
- Keep a Procurement Form with you wherever you go.
- Write your name on the “Procured By” line in order to receive credit (if your name is not written on this line, your family will not receive the credit).
- Use this business letter to let businesses know that we are a non-profit school and that their donation is tax deductible.
- Businesses will more likely say “yes” to giving a donation face-to-face rather than over the phone or via email.
- If there is an expiration date for an item or service, please ask to have the expiration date timed from the date of the auction, May 6th, 2022. For example: if the item expires in one year, the expiration would be May 6th, 2023.
- Please try to procure one large item or several related items that could be put into a basket.
- New and unused items only, please!
- Ask yourself, “Is this item something I would want to bid on?” If not, please don’t procure it!
You may turn in your items with procurement forms attached to the office at any time.
Opting Out! If you do not want to procure donations or purchase from Amazon, you are able to “opt-out” for a $150 charge to your FACTS account. You MUST let John Loutsis know by February 2nd, 2022 if you would like to use this opportunity! This will allow the auction team to shop for you!
- February 2nd – Opt Out Deadline – last day to opt out of procuring for $150.
- March 2nd – Procurement Deadline – no more items will be accepted after this date.
- March 10th – Family accounts will be charged $200 or double the remaining balance for items not procured by the March 2nd deadline.
Thank you for your continued support of the auction. We truly cannot do it without you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the auction team by calling the school or sending us an email.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Kim Covella, Auction Chair Lee Lamb, Advancement Director