And we’re off!
We are on our way to one of Holy Family’s biggest fundraisers of the year, our 23rd Annual Gala Auction! On May 3, 2019 we will be “Lucky in Kentucky” at our very own Kentucky Derby-themed gala auction to help raise funds for the continued operations of HFCS and to keep tuition affordable. With a goal of $140,000, we’ve got a lot of work ahead of us and we can’t do it without you!
As a reminder, each family is required to procure at least $120 worth (FMV) of items, services, or cash donations no later than March 6, 2019. Check out these ideas for donations that are typically popular. Below are a few simple guidelines to help you through the process:
- START NOW – procrastination never helps anyone!
- Keep a Procurement Form with you wherever you go.
- Write your name on the “Procured By” line in order to receive credit (if your name is not written on this line, your family will not receive the credit).
- Use this business letter to let businesses know that we are a non-profit school and that their donation is tax deductible.
- Businesses will more likely say “yes” to giving a donation face-to-face rather than over the phone or via email.
- If there is an expiration date for an item or service, please ask to have the expiration date timed from the date of the auction, May 3, 2019. For example: if the item expires in one year, the expiration would be May 3, 2020.
- Please try to procure one large item or several related items that could be put into a basket.
- New and unused items only, please!
- Ask yourself, “Is this item something I would want to bid on?” If not, please don’t procure it!
You may turn in your items with procurement forms attached to the office at any time.
Don’t forget about Amazon! We have a “Holy Family Catholic School Auction” wishlist if you do not wish to procure and just want purchase the items yourself!
- Visit our Amazon wishlist page.
- Pick and purchase the items you want.
- To receive credit you can:
- Add a gift message and write your name in the message
- Send an email confirmation of your order to Lee Lamb.
- Have the items delivered to the school
- All done!
Opting Out! If you do not want to procure donations or purchase from Amazon, you are able to “opt-out” for a $150 charge to your family account. You MUST let John Loutsis know if you would like to use this opportunity! This will allow the auction team to shop for you!
- March 6th – Procurement, Amazon & Opt-Out Deadline – no more items will be accepted after this date.
- March 10th – Family accounts will be charged $200 or double the remaining balance for items not procured by the March 6th
Thank you for your continued support of the auction. We truly cannot do it without you! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask – Brittany Arkoosh (509) 994-9950 or send us an email. We are champing at the bit to spend a night of fun with big hats, bow ties, and a good ‘ole mint julep with all of you!
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Brittany Arkoosh, HFCS Auction Chair