What is Parents in Education (PIE)?
PIE is a group of parents, staff and community members that make up Holy Family, comparable to PTO/PTA programs at other schools. The purpose of PIE is to support the mission and operation of Holy Family by providing communication and volunteer assistance, building community among our families, and supporting our staff in their work with our children. We take a lead role in organizing school projects and events, including fundraising and finding volunteers. In past years, we have given money to teachers, put on events such as Christmas and Mardi Gras celebrations, and taken a lead on staff appreciation activities.
Volunteer involvement is priceless to a school’s success and sense of community. If you’re a parent, employee, community member, or all three, you’re already considered a member and we invite you to become involved! We meet monthly and we’re always looking for enthusiastic people with fresh ideas and a love for Holy Family!
10 Reasons Why I Love Being Involved in PIE
By Jenny Kenner-PIE president and Holy Family Parent
1. It’s nice to be “in the know” on what’s going on, not just in the classroom but in the school and surrounding parish communities.
2. When you work full-time, it’s hard to feel involved with the day to day life of the school community, especially with so many activities and events during the day. I am so appreciative of our 6 p.m. monthly meetings!
3. I value building relationships with like-minded families.
4. I’ve had the opportunity to get to know some talented and dedicated staff!
5. It has allowed me to form a deeper and more meaningful connection with Holy Family as a community.
6. I’m proud I can use my time and talents to help improve my children’s educational experience.
7. It allows me to have a voice in what is happening at Holy Family.
8. It’s a forum to discuss or share visions for the future.
9. By being involved in the school and taking on voluntary work to help our community, I’d like to think I’m setting a good example about the importance of both education and stewardship to my children.
10. It can be hard work, but it is also incredibly rewarding … and a lot of fun!
Our PIE events benefit all children of the Holy Family Community. We encourage you to get involved, stay involved, and know you are making a difference. Click below for a list of PIE events.
PIE meets once a month to discuss events, plan fundraisers and share ideas. Our meeting dates are posted on the monthly calendar; please join us. We look forward to getting to know you.