Holy Family Catholic School is accredited through the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA). The WCEA is “a private educational accrediting agency” with a mission to “promote quality Catholic education for students in our member elementary and secondary schools through an accrediting process that assures the primacy of faith formation and educational excellence” (www.westwcea.org).
During a recent accreditation visit, WCEA rated HFCS “highly effective” in the following areas:
- Living and demonstrating a strong Catholic identity;
- Analyzing the needs of the students and identifying ways to improve student learning;
- Integrating technology in the classroom;
- Providing services, resources and activities to help all students achieve at high levels;
- Modeling Catholic values among staff;
- Implementing a variety of teaching strategies to support high achievement of all students;
- Using resources to assist students;
- Providing students with support programs deeply rooted in Catholic values.
The National Catholic Educational Association provides HFCS with guidance and ideas for curriculum enhancements, Catholic Schools Week, marketing, parent outreach, and more. NCEA also provides professional development through events and continuing education that benefit our teachers, as well as our staff.
Chamber of Commerce
The Coeur d’Alene Chamber of Commerce continues to help us build relationships between local companies and our school, for the support and enrichment of the educational process. By connecting to the local community we continue to inspire students to achieve through positive role models.